As Covid-19 closures and restrictions continue to affect our city, the VB BID has been carefully reassessing the best ways we can help to ensure the safety and security of our district’s members as well as our BID workers.
Below is an update on temporary measures that took effect this week, most as of 3/30/2020. Please be aware that any of these changes may be stopped or amended as new needs arise. We’ll do our best to keep everyone informed. And as always, if you have questions or concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com or 310-396-8243.
Safeguarding Our VB BID Teams
Both our Clean and Safe Team practice the required social distancing in the office and on the job. We disinfect all office surfaces and work-related items multiple times per day, including bikes, radios, cleaning carts, and computer equipment. Clean and Safe Team members are also provided with hand sanitizer and protective gear such as gloves and, where appropriate, masks.
Safeguarding Our VB BID Members
We have recently reassessed the best ways to help our district’s business owners and residents during this difficult and unprecedented time period. On an interim basis, we are making the following adjustments to the services we provide to you:
Safe Team Adjustments
Very few people are out on foot, greatly reducing on-street interactions with our team. However, most businesses in the district are closed and require increased attention. As a result, we are making the following patrolling adjustments:
- A second patrol car has been added, with corresponding reductions in bike patrolling.
- Safe Team services are now being provided around the clock every day of the week.
- Driving patrols of Speedway and the “dead end” east-west streets between Speedway and the Boardwalk will take place throughout each day and continuously during the night to deter criminal activity in this area.
- Patrols throughout the rest of the BID will continue to be conducted.
Clean Team Adjustments
With greatly decreased foot traffic, our district’s cleaning needs have also diminished. Business closures and an absence of tourists have further reduced the daily volume of litter and trash on our streets. So we are adjusting our maintenance services accordingly:
- Clean Team sweeping shifts are being decreased slightly to reflect the lower volume of trash, but the entire district will continue to receive cleanup services to meet its needs.
- To help team members remain safer and more efficient as they work on our streets, one sweeper position is being converted to a full-time job sanitizing facilities and equipment.
- We have obtained new resources for sanitizing high-touch areas of the district every day, including cross walk buttons, parking meters, benches, etc.
- Our team will continue actively attending to graffiti, trash, and power washing needs – but due to additional safety precautions, completing a request for pressure washing may take longer than usual.
Stay Safe at Home!
Please keep yourself and your family safe. We will get through this together! Remember that we are here to help and call on us as needed. And again, the above measures are temporary and we look forward to all of us returning to our normal schedules.
With warm regards,
Your VB BID Team