Clean Team Services Provided
Our Clean Team works 7 days a week.
Normal winter hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Issues called in after 4:00 p.m. may not be able to be resolved until the following day.
Clean Team members have assigned routes covering the entire Venice Beach BID. Within our district boundaries, the Clean Team provides the following services:
- Sidewalk and Gutter Sweeping around businesses, residences, and public areas to clear unsightly and unsanitary debris, including weeds and refuse – but please be aware that our Clean Team may NOT remove personal belongings
- Bulky Items such as mattresses and furniture can be picked up on a limited, case by case basis
- Trash Removal from public use trash receptacles, which will be emptied and/or kept from overflowing and wiped down as needed*
- Surface Cleaning and/or Painting of streetscape “furniture,” including benches, newsstands, parking meters, and bike racks
- Porter Service to remove graffiti,** stickers, and leaflets up to a height of 9 feet from the ground
- Tree Wells and Planters in public areas will be cleaned of weeds, trash, and debris
- Sidewalk Pressure Washing to address unsightly stains and environmental issues such as animal/human waste, using biodegradable solvents when needed
To make a service request:
Call our dispatcher at 310-396-VBID (8243)
Anyone can request VB BID services – as described above – within the BID boundaries. For cleanup requests involving personal belongings or bulky items, please contact City of Los Angeles | 311 Services.
When services are in operation, most requests to the BID Clean Team will be handled within a 24-hour period.
Chrysalis – a Local Nonprofit – is Our Partner in Keeping Venice Cleaner
We’re extremely pleased to have a local nonprofit as our Clean Team services partner. They work with several other Los Angeles BIDS and provide very effective services. The impressive chart below shows the 2016 results for all 15 BIDs serviced by Chrysalis.
2016 Chrysalis Clean Services Stats
|Trash Collected & Disposed Of||11.6 million pounds|
|Graffiti Tags Removed||33,281 tags|
|Bulk Items Hauled Away||23,128 bulk items|
|Pressure Washing Hours||8,233 hours|
|Business Improvement District Partnerships||15 BIDs|
Part of Our Venice Community
Our Venice Beach BID Clean Team personnel, which include Venice area local hires, are Chrysalis clients. They’re all working toward personal employment goals while increasing their on-the-job skills and earning a paycheck.
Decades of Local Dedication
Chrysalis started as a Downtown LA food and clothing distribution center more than three decades ago, and quickly developed into an employment-focused social service organization that expanded to the West Side in 1994. At the core of Chrysalis’ program are job-readiness classes and one-on-one support designed to improve job search skills, self-confidence, and employability. In tandem, the organization’s transitional jobs program provides opportunities for clients to work with the organization’s social enterprise.
As a Los Angeles organization focused on breaking down barriers to employment and providing transitional job opportunities, Chrysalis is deeply committed to ending cycles of recidivism, homelessness, and anything that may stand in someone’s way of attaining self-sufficiency. And because our staff and clients live, work, and play here, Chrysalis has a real stake and interest in the future of Venice Beach and the Los Angeles community.