Safe Team Services Provided
The Safe Team operates 7 days a week.
Normal winter hours of operation are from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Our Safe Team performs routine patrols on foot, bicycle, or car within the BID boundaries. They will respond to and assess unsafe, non-emergency situations and identify a path to resolution, working with appropriate authorities as needed.
In an EMERGENCY, please call 911 before notifying the VB BID.
To request service for non-emergency incidents such as those listed below, please call our dispatcher at 310-396-VBID (8243):
- Help with public intoxication, aggressive panhandling, noise violations, or other disorderly conduct
- Assistance with trespassing, including vandalism, theft, or graffiti in progress – please be sure to file a “No Trespass Arrest Authorization Form” with the LAPD
- Support for compliance with Los Angeles’ policies regarding homeless encampments
- Support for compliance with Venice Beach Boardwalk regulations
- Reporting property damages or non-working street utilities within the BID boundaries to appropriate parties for resolution or repair
Allied Universal is the Safety Team Here to Serve You
After lots of investigation – including visits to other BIDs – we chose Allied Universal as our Safe Team.
Allied serves LA’s Downtown Center BID, as well as the Fashion District BID. In both BIDs, they’re partnered with Chrysalis. Each team is expert at what they do, and their established history of working together helps to make them a good fit for us.
Allied also demonstrated a thorough understanding of the fact that their services need to adapt to our community, and not the other way around.
Here’s how Allied describes their commitment to serving Venice:
Customized Service for the Venice Beach BID
Providing safety service for the Venice Beach BID entails unique challenges and a clear understanding of the diverse aspects of the local community. Recruiting, training, and communication must be focused not only on keeping the community safe, but also on compassion, understanding, and sensitivity to the wide range of people that co-exist here.
Why Allied Universal for the VB BID District?
- Award-Winning Customer Service Training
- Strong partnerships with local police and fire personnel, including Pacific Division
- Currently service hundreds of clients with bike and vehicle patrol needs
- Supporter and participating member of community organizations including Building Owners and Managers Association, Community Police Advisory Board, Crime Stoppers, the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, and various LAPD booster support groups
Protect Your Property by Filing an Annual “No Trespass Authorization Form”
In order to make sure your property is protected, the law requires you to post “No Trespassing” signage that is clearly visible AND to file a “No Trespass Authorization Form” each year with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD).
LAPD can only arrest trespassers on your property if this form is filed.
You can access the form here and we will file it with the LAPD for you. Just complete and sign the form and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a hard copy at the Venice Beach BID office at 1320 Pacific Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. When filling out the form, VB BID properties are in the Los Angeles Police Department Pacific Division.
Be sure to keep a copy available at your own location.